I.MX 8 glReadPixels

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX 8 glReadPixels

holmekj2
Contributor I

We are using a Boundary Devices I.MX8 quad board. We have noticed that when using the Weston screen capture functionality, the display is corrupted (i.e. the windows on the screen are still visible but the pixel color and alignment is scrambled). After several seconds, the screen returns to normal.

After some tracing it looks to happen anytime the glReadPixels call is made in Weston's gl-renderer. Does anyone know a fix or workaround for this behavior.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

s_stefanek
Contributor I

I have found this problem too. The device is a Variscite imx8q. I'm trying to make the weston rdp screen-sharing feature work and I also have found that reading the screen contents via glReadPixels() inside the gl-renderer causes screen corruption. The images are still kind-of-recognizable but the colors and the glyphs on the screen are scrambled. Intuitively I'd say that there is some timing issue at the output-to-screen generation stage. The interesting thing is that the output of glReadPixels() is correct: rdp screen-sharing works. It's the local screen output that gets corrupted.
I have also tried the latest kernel module and imx-gpu-viv binary blob (6.4.0.p2). Same result.

Anybody found a solution to this?

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Maybe, he can help you.

GaryBisson

0 Kudos

george
Senior Contributor II

Dear Bio_TICFSL‌,

In our case it is i.MX8M, but we have the same problem.

Is "Gary Bisson" you say is an employee of the boundary device?

Best Regards,

George

0 Kudos