Monitoring Neighbor LQI Values

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Neighbor LQI Values

charliehauser
Contributor I

Is there a way to access the LQI of each neighbor link using the thread stack? We would like to continuously stream the link quality in order to monitor the performance of our mesh in real time.

For example we are currently using the SDK demo, router eligible end device on three FRDM-KW41Z boards. We would like to monitor the LQI values between each of the nodes and ideally stream them to the terminal via UART.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Charlie

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Charlie, I hope you're doing well,

Could you please look at the PhyGetLastRxLqiValue function contained inside the PHY API (Phy.h) to see if it's useful for your purposes?

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

charliehauser
Contributor I

Is there a way to correlate this value with some identifying value from which device it was sent? Such as IP address/EUI. I am trying map the current state of the network to create GUI that displays the network connections and associated LQI values of each link.

Regards,

Charlie

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Charlie, I hope you're doing well,

Every router in your thread network has a unique identifier called a PAN ID, maybe this can be of use to you so you can distinguish each device.

To get this value, you can use the srcPanId value in the MAC_STRUCT inside the MacInterface.h library.

This value can also be obtained through the use of a serial terminal, by inputting the "panid" command.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos