cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMx-RT and Ke06 communication using CAN

harish_shekarap
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to communicate between iMx-RT and KE06 using CAN.

I would like to know if we can communicate between iMx-RT using FlexCAN and FRDM KE06 using MSCAN.

If yes, then can the examples used in the SDK 2.5.0 or KEXX drv lib for FRDM KE06 and SDK_2.5.0_EVK-MIMXRT1060 for iMx-RT be used to communicate with each other.

Thanks,

Harish S

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Harish Shekarappa,

Yes, RT1060 FlexCAN and KE06 MSCAN can communicate with each other, because all these two modules meet the CAN protocol.

About the SDK CAN in MKE06 and RT1060 communication.

I have checked the SDK_2.5.0_frdm-ke06z, the mscan code just have the loopback code.

So, I suggest you use the KE driver from this link:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=FRDM-KEXX-Driver-Library-Package&appType=license 

Folder: FRDM-KEXX-Driver-Library-Package\ke_drv_lib\build\iar\ke06\CAN_Node1_demo

If you want to do the communication, I think you need to modify the code, one send the code, the other node used to receive the code.

Besides, you need to make sure the CAN bitrate is the same, and the ID is in the receive range if you enable the filter.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos