how to make linux cups work 4.14.78-imx_4.14.78_1.0.0_ga
added cups libusb-compat hplip foomatic-filters to IAMGE_INSTALL_append
Can't get cups to work.
What is the status of cups in the 4.14 yocto distribution.
adding the following line on the conf/local.conf file:
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = “ cups”
And then baking the image again.
OK cups is working on 4.14 using the following steps with network boot and NFS mounted rootfs
1. added tool-sdk and used tools on the imx8 to do the build, did not use Yocto, local builds instead of cross compiles
1.1 built and installed qpdf-master.zip
2. built and installed poppler-0.76.0.tar.xz, poppler-0.64.0.tar.xz will not work
2.1 poppler install broken, cups-filter will tell you the things to add to /usr/local/include/poppler
3. built and installed pip-master.zip
4. built and installed openjpeg-2.2.0.tar.gz
5. built and installed mupdf-1.14.0-source.tar.xz
6. built and installed libpng-1.6.34.tar.xz
7. built and installed cms2-2.7.tar.gz
8. built and installed hplip-3.18.4.run
9. built and installed ghostscript-9.21.tar.gz
10. cups-filters-1.22.5.tar.xz, will build and install, be careful of install because foomatic-rip conflicts in the install
11. cups-notifier.c and cups-notifier.h need gdbus-codegen, I copied these files from a ubuntu machine,
1. config.guess is your friend, it appears that some of the packages are not including latest config.guess. Get the latest and greatest config.guess and it will recognize imx8
also used cmake-3.10.3.tar.gz, sorry forgot to include this.
Retrieving data ...