Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Install New Software in KDS 3.2

Jump to solution
stephen_bates
Contributor I

Hello, 

I have installed KDS 3.2 today and have been trying to follow this introduction,

https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/projects/getting-started-with-freescales-kinetis-design-studio/

however whenever I try and select Help/Install New Software.. I get an Unhandled event loop exception in the Workspace Log and nothing else happens.

I've tried to uninstall and install again but to no avail.

I've attached a screen shot with event details.

Can anyone help?

Regards

StephenKDS_3.2_Error_V1.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Stephen Bates,

What software do you want to install to KDS?  And what products you want to development ?

The KDSv3.2 is the latest version of KDS, in general, we can directly use it , needn't update.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Stephen Bates,

What software do you want to install to KDS?  And what products you want to development ?

The KDSv3.2 is the latest version of KDS, in general, we can directly use it , needn't update.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
stephen_bates
Contributor I

Hi Alice,

In the link article attached it mentions installing an eclipse update which obviously I couldn't do however the software worked for my purposes without this update so I'm happy. I thought it might be best however to point out that FDS 3.2 doesn't work as intended.

Regards

Stephen

0 Kudos