cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4357 HS USB Bulk IN Endpoint issue.

k2
Contributor III

LPC4357 HS USB Bulk IN Endpoint issue.

Does the LPC4357 - ROM for USB Devices support USB HS Device custom classes ? Or do i need to find a non-ROM device stack to handle the host connection. The LPC4357 will be the custom class accessory, the iPhone will be the host. After enumeration the LPC4357 doesn't get any IN data (events) on the IN bulk endpoint. I have registered the BULK endpoint handlers, and a classHandler. Still don't see BULK IN events. The USB anaylzer shows the host making a BULK IN attempt. Seems my BULK IN endpoint isn't enabled or something ? Any clues ?  

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The LPC4357  USB ROM  doesn't support USB HS  classes. It is only for device classes. 

Regards 

Soledad

0 Kudos

k2
Contributor III

Soledad, my question is, "does the ROM API support Custom Classes for USB Devices" ? My endpoint doesnt respond (NAKing) to the IN token.

Is there a USB Device Stack set of code somewhere, where i can implement a custom class USB device ? I dont see any examples of a USB device inplementation except for ROM API ones. I'm thinking i can just do it with a USB Device stack, like there is for the host stack.

Any projects that do this would be helpful. I'm using the LPC4357 as my target processor.

I'm able to do HS Host stuff just fine. Now i need to make USB1 a HS Device that will talk to HS Host. It enumerates just fine, now i need the BULK endpoints to work. I think the ROM API doesnt support custom device classes. Do you know this to be true ? It shows - reserved for custom classes in the ROM API section.    

Hopefully you will know where that USB Device code lives.

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

We only have the LPCOpen examples, please check the following errata document, I hope this helps,

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/errata/ES_LPC43X0.pdf

Have a great day,
Sol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos