cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K148 - ENET TMRn init

jakub_mielczare
Contributor III

Hello,

What is the correct sequence to properly initialize ENET TMR0 (also 1,2,3) to for capture mode on rising edge? I need pin muxing and ENET register setup sequence with correct values.

Also what is the minimum and maximum frequency of the signal that the timers can work with? What are the values of rise/fall/hold times?

Thank you,

Jakub

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

nxp52415
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello All,

I followed up here with Jakub and the issue he was having seems to be resolved now.

After reviewing Jakub's code, I found that MUX setting for PTE9, which was intended as an "input capture" for ENET 1588 Timer, was set to 4. In the table below extracted from reference manual we can see the intended setting should be 5:

PTE9

PCR_PTE9

0000_0000

DISABLED

Signal Path Disabled

0000_0001

PTE9

PTE

Port E I/O

0000_0010

FTM0_CH7

FTM0

FTM Channel

0000_0011

LPUART2_CTS

LPUART2

Clear To Send (bar)

0000_0101

ENET_TMR3

ENET

ENET 1588 Timer Channel

Confussion on customer site came from the fact that there is no continuity on the values of the table. i.e. it jumps from 3 to 5.

Regards

0 Kudos

veronicavelciu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jakub,

I recommend using S32 Design Studio for ARM together with the S32 SDK. You can start from the enet_loopback example and you will be able to configure the pins and the ENET timer through the graphical interface. In order to enable the timer channel, you will need to add the following code sequence:

ENET_DRV_TimerInit(INST_ETHERNET1, &ethernet1_TimerInitConfig);
ENET_DRV_TimerEnableChannel(INST_ETHERNET1, 0U, &ethernet1_ChannelInitConfig0);
ENET_DRV_TimerStart(INST_ETHERNET1);

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_6.png

You should be able to use the Timer 0 channel on the S32K148 evaluation board.

Best regards,

Veronica

0 Kudos

jakub_mielczare
Contributor III

One more question: is it possible to test ENET timer capture mode on S32K148 evaluation board (S32K148EVB-Q176)?

0 Kudos

jakub_mielczare
Contributor III

Hello,

Can anyone answer, please? This is urgent.

Thanks,

Jakub

0 Kudos