cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a problem of imx8mq's 64GB emmc

pingyuchen
Contributor II

Hi,

We use imx8mq and our board is desinged based on imx8mq evk board but the emmc is 64GB. We have finished the development on android8, and it works well. 

Now we want to use android9 on it. We modify the android9 source code and compile them, then make the images successfully. All android9's image files can be worked well on the evk board, but can't be worked on our broad, the system is hang when the "Android" logo is display, then reboot automatically.

I think that there is some wrong in the partition.img.But I use the same way to modify android8's bpt file and android9's bpt file. Android8's partition image is ok.

Then I have a test by using the 16GB emmc partition img file which is from nxp to our board with 64 GB. I use uuu to burn all image files to our board and don't encounter any problem. Our board also can't work, the system is still hang when the "Android" logo is display.

From log information, our board seems don't remount sdcardfs .

The log files are attached.

Thank you for any help!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

pingyuchen
Contributor II

No, there are some differences from EVK board.For example, there aren't csi,pcie on our board.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi pingyu chen,

I got update from our expert team. Reply as following, you can refer to :

64GB is 59,6046GiB

If 54 worked for you, I would only guess the better rounding for your memory.

However, I want to highlight that the file does state other sizes such as

{             "label": "boot",             "size": "32 MiB",             "guid": "auto",             "type_guid": "bb499290-b57e-49f6-bf41-190386693794"         },          {             "label": "system",             "size": "1536 MiB",             "guid": "auto",             "type_guid": "0f2778c4-5cc1-4300-8670-6c88b7e57ed6"         },

Please, make sure the boot and system partition size fits to your image size. Only to make sure....

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos

pingyuchen
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply. The boot and system partition size fit to the image file size. I am still finding the cause of this error.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

OK, I have sent this question to our expert team and wait for their reply. I will give you update when I get reply. So sorry I have not run the android9.

0 Kudos

pingyuchen
Contributor II

I have done another test. We designed two version board. The old version board used 16GB emmc. I burned android9 images file to it, it works well. So I think that the partition file cause this issue. 

I modified "disk_size" from "28 GiB" to "54 GiB" in ..../device/fsl/common/partitions/device-partition-28GB-ab.bpt, then used the output file---partition-table-28GB.img to uuu.

Could anyone tell me how to modify the bpt file for 64GB emmc or is there any other thing need to be modified?

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Only the emmc different from EVK board?

0 Kudos