How to configure the u-boot to work with mfgtools 3.0 (Universal Update Utility)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure the u-boot to work with mfgtools 3.0 (Universal Update Utility)

giovanninestola
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a custom board with a IMX6 Solo and I have some problems to build the u-boot for the manifacturing tools. 

I followed the instructions available in the document UUU.pdf (Section 10-Uboot config requirement) but my u-boot does not build. Note on the board runs a Linux distribuction and not Android, so I removed the CONFIG_ANDROID_BOOT_IMAGE=y

CONFIG_CMD_FASTBOOT=y
CONFIG_USB_FUNCTION_FASTBOOT=y
CONFIG_USB_GADGET=y
CONFIG_USB_GADGET_DOWNLOAD=y
CONFIG_USB_GADGET_MANUFACTURER="FSL"
CONFIG_USB_GADGET_VENDOR_NUM=0x0525
CONFIG_USB_GADGET_PRODUCT_NUM=0xa4a5
CONFIG_CI_UDC=y # UDC need change according system, some system use CONFIG_USB_DWC3, some use CONFIG_USB_CDNS3
CONFIG_FSL_FASTBOOT=y
CONFIG_FASTBOOT=y
CONFIG_FASTBOOT_BUF_ADDR=0x83800000 # Address need change accordingsystem, generally it can be the same as ${LOADADDR}
CONFIG_FASTBOOT_BUF_SIZE=0x40000000
CONFIG_FASTBOOT_FLASH=y
CONFIG_FASTBOOT_FLASH_MMC_DEV=1
CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION=y

The u-boot version is 2015.04 for IMX (imx_v2015.04_4.1.15_1.2.0_ga). 

Do you have any idea why the u-boot not compile? 

Thanks,

Giovanni.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Giovanni,

For the version  Linux 4.15.2.0.0 BSP you are using, recommend you to use the mfgtool supply in our website. You can download here Embedded Linux for i.MX Applications Processors | NXP . And build the firmware for mfgtool you can see the i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide document.

6.2 Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool
One way to place an image on a device is to use the MFGTool. The recipes used to build a manufacturing tool image are
linux-imx-mfgtool and u-boot-mfgtool.
To build a manufacturing image do the following -
$ bitbake fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs
A manufacturing tool kernel is built using the imx_v7_mfg_defconfig while the default kernel is built by using the
imx_v7_defconfig. This is handled automatically by the MFGTool recipes listed above.
For more details on how to use the manufacturing tool, see Section "Serial download mode for the Manufacturing Tool" in
the i.MX Linux® User's Guide (IMXLUG).

About the uuu is used for Linux 4.14 and above version BSP. For the Linux 4.15.2.0.0  we do not have tested on it. Hope this can do help for you.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos