gtreamer encode h264 with vpu always show 8fps

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gtreamer encode h264 with vpu always show 8fps

gzjspace
Contributor I

Hello everyone,I have used gstreamer plugin on imx6d to capture camera. and encode to h264 + mp4 with render frame at same time. but frame rate always show 8fps,can't reach to 25 fps.my camera is 25fpts 1080p(with yuv and jpeg data output).

here my gstreamer cmd:

gst-lanuch-1.0 -e v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! 'image/jpeg,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=25/1 ! vupdec output-format=2 ! imxvideoconvert_ipu ! vpuenc_h264 ! mp4mux ! filesink location=/opt/test.mp4 .

anyone can tell me why,what's reason made the framerate so low.

thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi guyan

one can try nxp gstreamer examples provided in sect.7 Multimedia attached Linux Guide, use Demo :

Linux Binary Demo Files - i.MX 6QuadPlus, i.MX 6Quad, i.MX 6DualPlus, i.MX 6Dual, i.MX 6DualLite, i....

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

gzjspace
Contributor I

sorry,that gstreamer cmd is only to encode 264+mp4 file,that's framerate is 17fps,it's still too low.not 25 fps. and my encoder and render gstreamer cmd is here:

gst-lanuch-1.0 -e v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! 'image/jpeg,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=25/1 ! vupdec output-format=2 ! imxvideoconvert_ipu ! tee name=t. ! queue ! vpuenc_h264 ! mp4mux ! filesink location=/opt/test.mp4 t. ! queue ! imxeglvivsink.

use this cmd,the framerate always show 8fps(use gst-discover-1.0 /opt/test.mp4).

if i changed imxeglvivsink the property: set sync = false, the framerate can reach to 25fps. but some times later the vpu show error and dead, the board need to restart.

I need to  know the reason !  some one give me a way, thanks!!! 

0 Kudos