Debugging MK22FN1M0AVLH12 with Multilink Universal Rev. B

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging MK22FN1M0AVLH12 with Multilink Universal Rev. B

mylim
Contributor IV

Hi, I have previously posted a thread regarding K22 circuit. I have got my sample board produced and trying to test it out. However, I am facing an issue to debug with Multilink Universal rev. B where I am unable to enter enter debug mode. I have attached print screen of the error I encountered. 

Please advise if i have to config issue.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mylim,

Thank you for your interest in NXP kinetis product, I would like to provide service for you.
After checking your attached picture, I find you need to care about these points:
1, reset_b pin
  This pin need to add external 4.7K to 10K pull up resistor, and 0.1uf capacitor.
2. J3 interface, the reset pin you need to use the reset_b pin, not the JTAG_TRST pin.
Besides, do you have the JLINK debugger your side?
I suggest you use the JLINK debugger and JLINK commander to check whether you can find the ARM core or not?
If you can't find the ARM core, it means your hardware still have problem.
It's better to make sure your hardware have no problem at first.
In your Multilink universal connection, you can try to use the SWD instead of the JTAG at first.

Please let our customer try it again.
Any updated information, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

mylim
Contributor IV

Hi kerryzhou‌ .. thanks. Rewiring the reset_b Pin helped. however, further debug configuration needed to get the multilink working.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mylim,

When you change the reset pin, it still have problems?

If yes, do you have the JLINK on your side? You can use the JLINK to check your hardware, I am afraid your own designed board may still have the hardware problems.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

mylim
Contributor IV

Hi kerryzhou‌ .. after changing reset_b pin... it still was't working. I had to go to debug configuration and create a new debug tools for pemicro multilink universal and also to make sure the debug config power option is correct. Then I am able to debug properly. 

Also i think the drivers & board include files are very different from a new empty project compare to the FRDM examples. I had to navigate and figure out work around in order to get the code to work. 

I also felt that there are lack of documentations.

For a new developer without much experience, it gonna be tough for them.

Thanks.

Regards,

MY

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mylim,

What's the code you are using now?

Do you mean you use the FRDM-K22 sample code?

If yes, you are wrong, your chip MK22FN1M0VLH12 can't use the FRDM-K22 sample code, you need to refer to the TWR-K21F120M code, you can download the SDK from this link:

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

Choose the processor as MK22FN1M0VLH12 , generate the code and download it:

pastedImage_4.png

Please note, after you download the code, you also need to change the according chip device file to the K22, please check this folder:

SDK_2.3.1_MK22FN1M0Axxx12\devices\MK22FA12

You can try it on your side.

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos