cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fxos8700 calibration completion mark

machengyuan
Contributor I

HELLO!

I used fxos8700's auto-calibration function.Enable the m_acal bit of the M_CTRL_REG1 register.How do I know that the calibration is complete?

In Freedom Sensor Toolbox,before and after the calibration will have the following mark change, how does it know that the calibration has been completed?

1.png2.png

THANKS.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ma,

You need to distinguish between the embedded auto-calibration function on the FXOS8700CQ and the complex magnetic calibration software which provides both hard and soft iron corrections and quality-of-fit indication in the GUI.

The embedded auto-calibration function when enabled (m_acal = 1) calculates the hard-iron estimate (calibration) and automatically subtracts it (compensation) from the current magnetic-field readings. This is usually sufficient for applications where hard-iron interference is the primary source of error and soft-iron distortion is minimal or non-existent.  For more info please refer to the AN4459.

In our eCompass demo we employ a more complex hard as well as soft iron calibration. For more info please have a look at the AN4246.

Best regards,

Tomas

PS: If this answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct" or “Helpful”. Thank you.

0 Kudos