About SCST software module provided by NXP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About SCST software module provided by NXP

swapnilmisal001
Contributor I

I have integrated SCST in my code and performing all 43 test mentioned. But have an issue that this execution gets interrupted in between, other functionality of my code is not affected, but occurrence of this condition is frequent. And its not for a specific test case(function), any test case get interrupted. I tried two methods to execute

1) Run all tests at once in every 1Sec (m4_scst_execute_core_tests(0, 43);)

2) Executing single test at every 100msec {(m4_scst_execute_core_tests(i,i);) i incremented at every 100msec} 

But found same behavior of test getting interrupted in between.

Help me to get over this issue

0 Kudos
1 Reply

martinkaspar-r3
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Note, we have a new product release which may solve your issue.

The latest SCST Library version for the S32K 14x - RTM 1.0.6 release has implemented fix which protects SCST Library against external interrupts. Please, check that you are using the latest version.

The only source of SCST Library interruption can be then running SysTick timer. In case of the User Application or Operating system is using the SysTick timer, then the SCST Library must be configured properly. Please see, M4_SCST_SYSTICK_IS_RUNNING configuration parameter in the “m4_scst_configuration.h” file and configure it as follows:

#define M4_SCST_SYSTICK_IS_RUNNING          1U

where

1U – SysTick timer is used by the user application

0U – SysTick timer is not used by the user application.

Note, that this configuration parameter is available only for the latest RTM 1.0.6.

Also calling of both DISABLE_INTERRUPTS()/ENABLE_INTERRUPTS() functions is not needed for the latest RTM 1.0.6 release.

For the older releases like RTM 1.0.5, calling of DISABLE_INTERRUPTS()/ENABLE_INTERRUPTS() makes sense but only if interrupts are disabled/enabled in the NVIC controller and not in the core by using CPSID/CPSIE assembly instructions (please check how these functions are implemented).  For older releases it must be ensured that SysTick timer is not active!

0 Kudos