Where are the SDK application notes?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the SDK application notes?

scottm
Senior Contributor II

I'm setting up USB suspend/resume on a K22F part using the SDK USB stack, and I searched through all of the documentation that comes with the stack but there's no mention of USB_DEVICE_CONFIG_LOW_POWER_MODE, which seemed to be the relevant option.

Googling USB_DEVICE_CONFIG_LOW_POWER_MODE brings me to AN5385, which is exactly what I needed.  The route to discovering it was less than ideal, though - even finding that the config parameter affected suspend/resume required reading through the ISR code.

Are there other app notes related to the SDK?  Where would I find them?  If I go to the documentation section and filter on app notes for Cortex M MCUs I get a total of 30 documents, and this isn't one of them.  In fact Google doesn't find any pages anywhere that link directly to that document.

The MCUXpresso SDK section has a documentation tab that has zero app notes.  This app note has been out there 2 1/2 years and I've never encountered it, and it's super frustrating knowing that documents like this exist and there's no obvious way to browse for them, and when you find one there's no way to tell where it lives on the NXP site.

Thanks,

Scott

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Scott:

I would suggest you search document from the  top right corner of NXP website. Input your key words.

pastedImage_1.png

There are two demos about usb suspend/resume in SDK, I hope it helps

boards\frdmk22f\usb_examples\usb_suspend_resume_device_hid_mouse

boards\frdmk22f\usb_examples\usb_suspend_resume_host_hid_mouse

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

scottm
Senior Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

I think I didn't explain my question properly.  My question is how would I browse the site to find this and whatever other application notes exist for the SDK?  What section of the website does AN5385 exist in?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  Scott:

I search application notes from below link.

Search Results: 

If I input key words: usb suspend resume, and select Document type as application note, I can see AN5385 on the search list.

Or you visit below link .

Arm® Cortex®-M4|Kinetis® K22 120 MHz 32-bit USB MCUs | NXP 

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

scottm
Senior Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

I think I'm still not making myself clear.  How would one find ALL of the application notes for the MCUXpresso SDK, including this one?

To put it another way, using AN5385 as an example, how would you browse the site to locate it?  Not searching by keyword, but actually finding the documentation section to which it belongs?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Scott:

Let's take MCU k22f120 for example, please see below pictures.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

Then you will get all application notes involved in K22f120.  unfortunately AN5385 is not in result list.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

scottm
Senior Contributor II

Just checking in again - have you been able to find an answer on where AN5385 lives, and if there are any other SDK app notes hiding out there?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Scott:

Just an information that this application note AN5385 is displayed now in the K64_120 documentation tab. Thanks again for your feedback.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

scottm
Senior Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

Thanks, that's an improvement.  Since I'm using the K22_120 series, what would you recommend for finding other relevant documentation like this?  Is the K64_120 tab likely to have more app notes that are applicable to the K22_120 that aren't in the K22_120 section?  Are there any other families I should be browsing as well?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos

scottm
Senior Contributor II
unfortunately AN5385 is not in result list

Yes, that is the problem.  Under what device would I find that app note?

0 Kudos