Beginners Beans

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginners Beans

rob18767
Contributor III
I have been using Codewarrior for about 5 months and repeatedly encounter an extremely annoying problem.

When I change one of the port pin settings the rest of that port is clandestinely changed to outputs, value 0, pull up, no open drain and interrupt.

Can I change this so it does not happen?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

rob18767
Contributor III

We need more information in order to reproduce the problem. Could you please describe a step by step setup process that leads to this behavior or provide us a project demonstrating this problem?

What version of Code Warrior and Processor Expert are you using?
Which bean and CPU are you using?

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team
UNIS

I am using Codewarrior 5.6.1.1658, Development Studio for DSC56800/E  ver 8.2 build GMC1.

With respect to what is happening, when I first go into change 1 or add on port on on a project on GPIO bean, all the port pins are clandestinely changed to the same value. This only happens intermittently however it causes a massive headache to solve. 

I will try and record exactly what happens next time it occurs. 

Apologies for the delay. 

0 Kudos

rob18767
Contributor III

I have ideintified that the problem occurs when adding more pins to an already existing port.

I have one port set up with all pins open drain and no pullup resistor. If I add new pins all the existing port values are changed to the default values of the added pins. 

0 Kudos

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

I have reproduced the behavior. It's a bug in Init_GPIO component, we are sorry for an inconvenience. We are preparing a fix for the next release and we will include this fix into a patch.

To workaround the problem in the current release, it's necessary to re-configure the Direction, Output value, Pull resistor and Open drain properties of all pins.

best regards
Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III
We need more information in order to reproduce the problem. Could you please describe a step by step setup process that leads to this behavior or provide us a project demonstrating this problem?

What version of Code Warrior and Processor Expert are you using?
Which bean and CPU are you using?

best regards
Vojtech Filip
UNIS
0 Kudos