cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old codewarrior usbtap for MPC83

paul-wang
Contributor I

Hi there,

I just bought an old second-hand codewarrior usbtap for once dsc manufactured in 2011. The attached target connector is DSP's 14pin connector. I am wondering if I can connect it to my MPC8315E board by replacing its  DSP connector with a Jtag connector.

The pin number of board is 700-21618 REV D. Attached is the picture of the usbtap's pcb.

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
6 Replies

paul-wang
Contributor I

Hi Ufedor,

Thank you very much! Your email is really a great help.  There are many versions of usb taps such as CWH-UTP-ppcd-HE,CWH-UTP-ppcc-HE, CWH-UTP-once-HE for which it is hard to find any document. How are these versions related to current usbtaps once dsc?  Where can I  find the user guides for these old usbtap?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please use the following link:

USB TAP for ONCE DSC | NXP 

0 Kudos

paul-wang
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply. I have checked out the link you gave and read both datasheet and user guide. From my understanding, the parts CWH-UTP-ppcd-HE, CWH-UTP-ppcc-HE, CWH-UTP-once-HE are the current usb tap for dpi of old PQ, Jtag/cop of PQII/III, once of star core respectively and they all share the same base pcb board, but each attaches the different target connector. Am I right?

Thank you again. Your professional work is impressed.

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Excuse me, I can't add anything to the first response.

0 Kudos

paul-wang
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. You have done a lot for me and your company.

Take care,

Paul

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please understand that no official support can be provided in your case.
Personally I believe that it is possible to remove current 14-wire ribbon and solder 16-wire one to J7 (16-pin placeholder) so debugging through COP connector will be possible.

0 Kudos