cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software uart for MC56F84442VLH

info53
Contributor II

Hi all:

We are adding new features to a design that our client has based around MC56F84442VLH.

We need to have 3 uarts, and this DSC has only 2 hardware UARTs available (qsci0 and qsci1)

I can't find any processor expert component for software UART, although there is SW_SPI and SW_I2C.

Can somebody point me to a library or wich component I have to use? Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
4 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Arturo,

As the following description, the MC56F84442 has only 2 qsci, I do not think it is easy to simulate another SCI module with the other module for example GPIO..., I suggest you select another DSC chip, for example MC56F84567/587, which have 3 qsci modules.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

info53
Contributor II

We have to stay with the same processor >< .

Do we have to write it from scratch? Or is some code already available?

Thanks again xiangjun.rong.

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Arturo,

As you know that the MC56F845xx and MC56F8444x are almost the same, the difference is the Flash size, RAM size, and the number of peripherals, so you do not need  develop from scratch.

You can create a new project based on for example MC56F84565 on CW for mcu, then configure the PLL so that it can generate 60MHz clock. Then copy the code from original project to the new project, it is okay.

But it is difficult to extend a new SCI module.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

info53
Contributor II

Ok, I'll ask the client to switch to a new dsc. Thanks a lot for your guidance xiangjun.rong.

0 Kudos