Communication error while flashing a new srec file in DEVKIT MPC5744P externally powered by MOTORGD

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication error while flashing a new srec file in DEVKIT MPC5744P externally powered by MOTORGD

azeemsha_poyil
Contributor I

I have a code running in the DEVKIT-MPC5744P flash; ported the .srec file using the RAppID tool. The code runs correctly.

Now if I try to flash a new .srec file using RAppID tool, it shows communication error as below.

"Loss Communication with CCP MCU. Please cycle power and try again. Operation has timed out".

Now I cant flash a new code until I do the below.

I have to download a working .elf file using S32DS, then write the DEVKIT RBF file (MPC5744P_DEVKIT.rbf) using S32DS, and then flash the new code using RAppID Tool.

I am using an external power supply from MOTORGD DEVKIT. I always keep the MPC Devkit jumpers in the position of external supply.

I do not understand why would I have to write the RBF files very often. Is there something that crashes my RBF?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello azeemsha.poyil@titan.uk.net‌,

In order for the RAppID Bootloader to establish a communication connection with the target hardware, a reset must be performed. Could you please confirm you are performing a reset of the HW prior to reflashing the .srec file?

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

azeemsha_poyil
Contributor I

Yes, reset was performed always.

Another question: does writing another .elf file to the processor overwrite the RBF file?

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello azeemsha.poyil@titan.uk.net‌,

The RBF file does reside in the flash memory, as outlined in the user manual, and so it is possible to overwrite it with a new elf file, if that elf file was not built with the memory space allocated for the RBF file. There is an example project for BootLoader in S32DS for Power. While it is for MPC5748G, the concept is the same. 

Hope it helps,

Mike

0 Kudos