AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to re-build GPU demo inside/outside Yocto build for IMX8MQ

Question asked by hiteshviradiya on Apr 4, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 24, 2019 by hiteshviradiya

Dear NXP Executive,

I am using NXP imx8mq EVK and playing with it. I am exploring GPU to achieve different use cases.

To build, I use below steps:

repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-sumo -m imx-4.14.78-1.0.0_ga.xml
repo sync
DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland MACHINE=imx8mqevk source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-wayland
bitbake fsl-image-validation-imx

It has generated rootfs under "build-wayland/tmp/work/imx8mqevk-poky-linux/fsl-image-validation-imx/1.0-r0/rootfs/" and various binaries under "build-wayland/tmp/deploy/images/imx8mqevk" I flashed the SD card with the generated "fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8mqevk-*.rootfs.sdcard.bz2 using below steps:

bzip2 -vfd fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8mqevk-20190403105454.rootfs.sdcard.bz2 (edited)
sudo dd if=fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8mqevk-20190403105454.rootfs.sdcard of=/dev/sdc bs=1M conv=fsync

And I tested many interesting GPU demos.

Now I want to changes them, re-build them and want to test my changes. I am already following Yocto build guidelines & whatever is explained here GitHub - NXPmicro/gtec-demo-framework  but I am failing with different errors due to different dependencies.

cd build-wayland/tmp/work/aarch64-mx8m-poky-linux/imx-gpu-sdk/5.2.0-r0/git/

source prepare.sh

cd DemoApps

FslBuild.py --Variants [WindowSystem=Wayland] -t sdk --BuildThreads 16

I am beginner to Yovto or GPU and might be doing some silly mistakes. Your quick help push me in my explorations.

Please help in finding my mistakes in "How to re build GPU demos?"

--

Thanks,

Hitesh

Outcomes