Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SJA1124 clock input

Jump to solution
Skaptor
Contributor I

Hello,

It's been a while since I've used this forum (apologies if this post is in the wrong place). I am interested in using an SJA1124 IC. I don't fully understand the "CLK" input. Am I supposed to use an external oscillator or use an mcu clock output?

I hope someone has already dealt with this

Regards.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi JuanCar,

Yes, it is ok if you use a 8MHz oscillator and the PLL can be adjusted from the registers so that you can generate any desired baudrate.

But it is important that the tolerance of the external clock reference should be within ±0.3%.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Skaptor
Contributor I

Hello Jose,

The boards finally arrived, do you know where I can get some example code? I am having trouble getting the "LIN normal mode" status

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi JuanCar,

A good quality input clock is necessary for proper PLL performance. It can be either from an external oscillator or from a mcu clock output as long  as the frequency of the reference clock on pin CLK is within the specified operating range, fclk(PLL)in. = External reference frequency operating range between 0.4 and 10 MHz.

To meet LIN master requirements for baud rate deviation, the tolerance of the external clock reference should be within ±0.3%.

Have a great day,
Jose

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Skaptor
Contributor I

Hello Jose,

Thanks for the quick answer. So is it ok if I use an external 8MHz oscillator? Then the PLL can be adjusted from the registers so that I can generated any desired baudrate. is this right?

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi JuanCar,

Yes, it is ok if you use a 8MHz oscillator and the PLL can be adjusted from the registers so that you can generate any desired baudrate.

But it is important that the tolerance of the external clock reference should be within ±0.3%.