- I've downloaded SDK_2.5.0_EVK-MIMX8MM.tar.gz from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select
- extracted it on an Ubuntu PC
- went to boards/evkmimx8mm/demo_apps/hello_world/armgcc and ran ./build_all.sh (just for trying the given examples)
- copied the following files from Ubuntu PC to SD card:
- armgcc/ddr_release/hello_world.bin ==> hello_world_ddrrelease.bin
- armgcc/release/hello_world.bin ==> hello_world_release.bin
- Put the SD card into the i.MX8 Mini Eval Board and booted from SD card. Stopped UBoot booting by keypress and went to the UBoot shell this way
- typed there in the UBoot shell:
- fatload mmc 0:1 0x80000000 hello_world_ddrrelease.bin
- bootaux 0x80000000
- But I cannot see the "hello world." banner on the M4 console window!
- If I switch off/on the eval board and try it again with the other compiled file called hello_world_release.bin, it works well and I can see the "hello world." banner on the M4 console window:
- fatload mmc 0:1 0x7e0000 hello_world_release.bin
- bootaux 0x7e0000
I thought 0x80000000 is the right thing for running the DDR RAM version, just following the ideas of page 19 and 20 of docs/Getting Started with MCUXpresso SDK for i.MX 8M Mini.pdf.
How do I run the DDR RAM version correctly?
Thanks in advance for your help.