Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 ESAI TDM mode configuration in driver

Jump to solution
dp_yanam
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

i was new to IMX6 yocto. we trying to interface ADC chip in frame sync (ADS1274)  using  ESAI TDM mode.

Can anyone please tell me what is easiest way to implement driver & application to use for it.

Please share if you have any information related to ESAI configurations for above chip in device tree.

Thanks in advance,

K.durgaprasad

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Durgaprasad

one can look at audio drivers described in

Linux L4.14.78_1.0.0 Documentation

and use them as starting point.

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Durgaprasad

tdm is supported in esai driver using fsl_esai_set_dai_tdm_slot() function

linux/sound/soc/fsl/fsl_esai.c

fsl_esai.c\fsl\soc\sound - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

in fsl_esai_startup() : /* Set a default slot number -- 2 */

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
dp_yanam
Contributor I

Hi igor,

Thanks for your reply. i had gone through "fsl_esai.c" file. I want to know like we need to write a new driver for ADS1274 to get frame sync TDM mode on ESAI or SSI interface. Can you please tell me the procedure to get the communication up. we want to interface ADC without codec to imx6 process for capture the data from ADC.

Thanks & Regards,

K.durgaprasad.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Durgaprasad

one can look at audio drivers described in

Linux L4.14.78_1.0.0 Documentation

and use them as starting point.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
dp_yanam
Contributor I

Hello igor,

i could able to work on SSI TDM mode configurations. my driver is working fine with interfacing the  SSI with ADC.

We want to generate 24MHz master clock (SCLK) & FS clock 48KHz. Can you please tell me the configurations for the clock. i was try to change the master clock settings in driver but it was generating only 2.45MHz.

Thanks & regards,

K. durgaprasad

0 Kudos
dp_yanam
Contributor I

Hello igor,

Thanks for sharing the documents. I  will start from scratch & let you know if i facing any issues.

Thanks & regards,

K. durgaprasad.

0 Kudos