Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5744P for UART and I2C Interface

Jump to solution
toddchou
Contributor I

Dear Sir 

I am Todd and use MPC5744 for a project . In datasheet , this MCU can program UART interface that using FlexLIN port . However , it did not write some I2C interface . I am not sure , can we program I2C interface that same using FlexLIN , FlexRay or which one can support I2C interface ? 

Looking forward for your feedback. 

Thank you and have a good day.

Todd

0 Kudos
1 Solution
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello toddchou@ycsynergy.com.tw‌,

MPC5744P does not have any I2C hardware unfortunately; I'm not sure if you are developing a project using our Simulink toolbox, but if you do you will not find support for I2C as there are no hardware instances available. If you need to have I2C, you can use the SDK for MPC5744P - there you have software support for I2C, this meaning bit-banging of the protocol done by the CPU.

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello toddchou@ycsynergy.com.tw‌,

MPC5744P does not have any I2C hardware unfortunately; I'm not sure if you are developing a project using our Simulink toolbox, but if you do you will not find support for I2C as there are no hardware instances available. If you need to have I2C, you can use the SDK for MPC5744P - there you have software support for I2C, this meaning bit-banging of the protocol done by the CPU.

Hope this helps,

Razvan.

toddchou
Contributor I

Hello Razvan 

Thanks for your explanation. 

Have a good day 

Todd

0 Kudos