cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTag I2C Plus - NFC Field not detected

nsnmaniram
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to read/write the NTag I2C plus(NT3H2111) with NTag I2C Demo android app, but it seems like the field is not detected. I am polling the NS_REG session register bit 0 to check if the field is detected. Moving my phone near/around the tag does not change the bit 0 value, which as per my understanding must change to '1' when the NFC enabled phone is near the tag. I have cross checked the NFCS_I2C_RST_ON_OFF bit value which is '0' (default value), suggesting the NFC silence feature is disabled. Also RF_LOCKED bit value is '0', suggesting that memory access to NFC is not locked. 

Can you please help me out with this? Do we require any initialization/configuration sequence to enable the NFC read/write for Ntag I2C plus? It would be helpful if you point some documentation/sample code that I could use as reference for this.

One point to note here is I2C read/write for EEPROM and SRAM is working. 

My setup:

I am using a custom board with,

NTag I2C plus(NT3H2111) interfaced to IMXRT1052 via I2C

Trying NFC read/write with NTag I2C demo android app v1.7.8( installed on oneplus 6 running Android 9.0)

Regards,

Maniram

0 Kudos
5 Replies

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

There are several ways to configure FD_ON field (Table 13, bit 3-2). Additionally, please refer to chapter 8.4 Configurable Field Detection Pin of datasheet.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos

nsnmaniram
Contributor III

The problem for me is that the field is not getting detected and hence I cannot do a Read/Write over NFC interface. I tried to set the FD configuration to 0b meaning on field detect as well but even after that the RF_FIELD_PRESENT bit in NS_REG register is not changing to 1 when I tap my NFC enabled phone to the tag.

In short, I am not able to do read/write over NFC interface. Is there any initialization steps to be followed for the same.

PS: I also tried porting the frdmk64f_ntag_i2c_explorer_blink example and running over IMXRT1052(the master controller that I am using), but the result was the same.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Maniram

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

By any chance do you have a NFC field detector to make sure that RF field is on? Otherwise, please make sure that the device is in the main screen so that it activates the field.

Regarding the read write operations, have you tried with NXP TagInfo/TagWriter tools? What error do you get?

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos

nsnmaniram
Contributor III

thank u for the reply Ivan, can u please help me by sharing the information on the 1k memory organization with block address 0x38h, in which the protected memory is given as taking 4bytes of memory, but as from the data sheet the block address 0x38h should be occupied with 16bytes of data, but as in the datasheet on page.no.19 the block is occupying 12bytes of data, but the same block when compared to the 2kmemory oraganisation on page.no.21, it shows that the given user memory occupies 8bytes of data.so , As my chipset is using 1k memory layout, should i consider the protected user memory length as would be as 4bytes or 8bytes.

summary:

MFG.part.no:NT3H2111W0FHKH 

whether the protected user memory at 0x38h block address should be considered as 4bytes or 8bytes for 1k memory layout.

Thanks,

Mnairam

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The length of the protected memory will be set by the starting address defined in AUTH0 until page address 0xEB. NFC_PROT bit will define the read/write access to the protected memory. For more information, please refer to table 10 of datasheet.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos