lpc1768 i2s dma

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpc1768 i2s dma

sankalp_agrawal
Contributor I

So, I'm trying to interface LPC1768 with PCM5102. I have the I2S module ready and SD card module. The wave file from SD. Now my question how do I sync everything up? Like, DMA will read from SD and directly put it onto the I2S buffer? That's what I think will happen. I haven't tried it out yet but is that the right way to go?

Thanks

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Sankalp,

Regarding your question that the PCM data are saved in a file on SD card, you want to read the PCM data from the file and play the PCM via the codec PCM5102.

I suppose that the LPC1768 is a bit old, I suggest you use the LPC54xxx or the other processor, which has I2S, SD card interface, EMC intertface with which you can connect SDAM, SRAM, Timer,...

We have developed the SD card example, which supports creating directory/ file system, open file, read/write data to File. I suppose you can use the file system, open file, read PCM to internal SRAM or external SDRAM. Configure the I2S module, and DMA, the DMA can read data from RAM(either SDRAM or internal RAM) to I2S transmitter data register.

This is the LPC54xxx link:

LPC54000|Power Efficient 32-bit Microcontrollers (MCUs)|Cortex®-M4 Core | NXP 

We have developed the SDK package, which includes the SD card driver, I2S driver, I2S example based on interrupt and DMA.

MCUXpresso SDK | NXP 

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos