S32K144 Development kit no longer uploads.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 Development kit no longer uploads.

mattdr
Contributor I

mikedoidge 

We have 3 S32k144 development boards that are in a bricked state, this occurred unexpectedly and the boards had no problems before. We have no problem uploading to most of our boards but these three have issues, the reset LED is not high. We are able to recognize the broken boards on the windows explorer but unable to upload to them. Here is the error we receive in S32K design studio. 

pastedImage_1.png

When hitting retry, we see the reset LED flash but the error pops back up. The rest of our development boards upload without issue. We have tried updating the P&E micro firmware in the boot loader but this has not helped.

We also tried to upload a previously built .mot file to the board over windows explorer but that had no effect (although the files transferred without issue)

This problem appeared while uploading auto-generated code from the NXP simulation library for the S32K. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello matthewdreisbach‌,

Did you change J107 on the affected boards? This should be 2-3 not 1-2. Having this jumper set wrong could cause this exact issue.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

pdom
Contributor I

Hi Mike,

I'm working with Matt on this. I have checked J107 and the jumper is in the correct position. We did switch its position at one point to update the P&E firmware but it is back to being in the 2-3 position.

This issue first arose while uploading programs using the NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox in Simulink.

Thank you.

0 Kudos