How to compile the gstreamer code

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compile the gstreamer code

santhosh2
Contributor IV

I am trying to write a gstreamer code and compile for i.mx8Qmax. But when i try to compile im facing a problem

santhosh@santhosh-Vostro-15-3568:~/Desktop/gstreamer$ echo $CC
aarch64-poky-linux-gcc --sysroot=/opt/fsl-imx-x11/4.9.51-mx8-beta/sysroots/aarch64-poky-linux
santhosh@santhosh-Vostro-15-3568:~/Desktop/gstreamer$ aarch64-poky-linux-gcc basic-tutorial-1.c -o basic-tutorial-1 `pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-1.0`
Package gstreamer-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-1.0.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'gstreamer-1.0' found
basic-tutorial-1.c:1:21: fatal error: gst/gst.h: No such file or directory
 #include <gst/gst.h>
                     ^
compilation terminated.
santhosh@santhosh-Vostro-15-3568:~/Desktop/gstreamer$

advice how to resolve k

Regards

Santhosh

0 Kudos
4 Replies

vinaymanikkoth
Contributor II

Hi Santhosh,

I am also facing the same issue. were you able to solve this? if so can you guide me ? 

Thanks

Vinay

0 Kudos

santhosh2
Contributor IV

Yes i was able to resolve it,

You need to add the gstreamer packages to yocto and generate the tool chain libraries. 

add the below configuration in local.conf file

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "opkg apt packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer1.0-full imx-gst1.0-plugin gstreamer1.0 gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly-meta packagegroup-fsl-gstreamer1.0-commercial gst-plugins-good-udp gst-variable-rtsp-server gstreamer1.0-plugins-base gstreamer1.0-plugins-good gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad gst-plugins-good-rtp gst-plugins-good-rtpmanager gst-plugins-good-rtsp gst-plugins-good-udp gst-plugins-good-matroska gst-plugins-base-videotestsrc gst-plugins-base-ffmpegcolorspace gst-fluendo-mpegdemux gst-plugins-base-ogg gst-openmax "

#RTSP Server dependency

LICENSE_FLAGS_WHITELIST += "commercial"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly gstreamer1.0-rtsp-server gtk-doc gst-plugins-good gst-plugins-bad gst-plugins-good gst-plugins-ugly"

Compile the yotoc using below command

bitbake fsl-image-validation-imx

bitbake fsl-image-validation-imx -c populate_sdk

After compilation of meta-toolchain, execute the below command to install the cross-compiler
$ sudo sh tmp/deploy/sdk/fsl-imx-xwayland-glibc-x86_64-fsl-image-validation-imx-aarch64-toolchain-4.14-sumo.sh

This should install the  tool-chain all required libraries to opt folder than you can export the tool chain path and should resolve your issue

Regards

Santhosh

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please use the Yocto BSP Linux L4.14.78_1.0.0 Documentation

0 Kudos

darrenrobinson
Contributor I

we would if it would help resolve these kind of issues, but unfortunately it doesn't

0 Kudos