I've copied a header file from one project to another and now have "unknown type bool" in the copied file

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've copied a header file from one project to another and now have "unknown type bool" in the copied file

gerrikoio
Contributor III

I am new to MCUXpresso/Eclipse and cannot work out the reason for this problem.

I am porting code from an existing SDK project example to another working project.

The header file that is giving me the "unknown type bool" error is basically a list of #defines and some data structures.

This header file I copied works fine in the other project and has no #includes etc. and it resides in a separate library folder.

I copied the library folder and pasted this folder into my new project.

I then updated the project properties to ensure this file is in the includes path.

Now, when I run build it then throws up this error. I have type bool in other project files and they are all accepted.

So something is missing in my project and I'm rather fatigued with all the learning that I cannot fathom how to resolve.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

eldarfiring
Contributor III

Hi, 

Did you try to add 

#include <stdbool.h>

in top of this header file ?

It could be that the 'bool' type is defined elsewhere or via some other includes in the other SDK project/toolchain. If the include file is using 'bool', then 'stdbool.h' should be included in order to be 'selftcontained' (at least in GCC toolchain).

Same for other standard types like uint32_t , uint16_t -> #include <stdint.h>

Regards

Eldar

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Colin Gerrish,

In order to help you, could you please tell us the below information:

Processor or board name, SDK version, version of MCUXpesso IDE,

share your project .

Have a great day,