AnsweredAssumed Answered

MFGtool for i.MX8 failing

Question asked by mc maddie on Mar 26, 2019
Latest reply on May 16, 2019 by mc maddie

I've been using MFGtool for i.MX6 for quite a many years already. Now I'm working with i.MX8QXP evaluation board and testing built-in eMMC. 

I downloaded MFGTool for i.MX8 and when configured evaluation board for serial download and starting MFGTool with rootfs it finds the device "HID-compatible device". Then if I press 'Start' - button nothing happens. (Except button text changes to Stop).

From mfgtool.log I can see this:

--

DLL version: 2.7.0
Wednesday, March 27, 2019 08:47:53 Start new logging
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CMyExceptionHandler thread is running
ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: new MxHidDeviceClass
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: new MxHidDevice[06DF2AD0]
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: new MxHidDevice[06E301C8]
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: new MxHidDevice[06E50908]
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: Device Manager thread is running
ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Can't set m_hStopEvent before it initialized or it already stop

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0] device chagned and reset to state 0

--

Also, when pressing Stop -button and exiting program it still leaves MfgTool - process running on the background that needs to be killed.

Interestingly also it claims to be version 2.7.0 that is the same version that I used with i.MX6 when clearly it isn't same since the 2.7.0 'i.MX6 - variant' doesn't work with i.MX8 at all.

Should this work or is the mfgtool for i.MX8 'under development'? And if should work, any idea what to try next?

I'm running it on 64-bit Windows 7 machine although the binary seems to be 32-bit.

Outcomes