AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to flash/boot after closing the imx7d.

Question asked by Praveen Bharathi on Mar 26, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 4, 2019 by Praveen Bharathi

I have been using manufacturing tool with USB serial downloader to flash images on to the device. I followed AN4581 to generate the SRKs, configuring, building u-boot and finally signing the U-boot image. I was to flash the signed u-boot image, unsigned images of kernel, boot, system and recovery images. I checked the hab_status to make sure there were no events generated during boot.

=> hab_status

Secure boot disabled

HAB Configuration: 0xf0, HAB State: 0x66

Following the above I went on to close the device using the following commands

On i.MX 7S and i.MX 7D 0x470[25]:
fuse prog 1 3 0x2000000

After I closed the device I have NOT been unable to flash anything on the device. Here is what happens:

The manufacturing tool detects the HID complaint device when powered on.

I see some of the messages from the ucl2 script where the images get bootstraped/loaded to DDR. Manufacturing tool says "Jumping to OS image" and gets stuck. Finally here is where it breaks down.

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: *********MxHidDevice[02F851A8] Jump to Ramkernel successfully!**********
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0], current state command has been finished and the last command is successful, so SetEvent(hDevCanDeleteEvent)
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0] device chagned and reset to state 0
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: ExecuteCommand--Boot[WndIndex:0], File is C:\Users\PB00017906\Documents\CE32\mfgtool-c7ef687\Profiles\linux\OS Firmware\firmware\u-boot-imx7dce32-signed.imx
ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: WriteReg(): Invalid write ack: 0xa223304

ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Failed to initialize memory!
ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: PortMgrDlg(0)--MxHidDevice--Command Boot excute failed
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0], current command executed failed, so SetEvent(hDevCanDeleteEvent).

FYI, The manufacturing bootloader is also signed with the same keys.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Outcomes