cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMXRT I/O pad configuration is underdocumented

udoeb
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm having difficulties to understand I/O pad configuration details. The reference manual (rev 2) is not clear on that. Documentation is spread across two chapters:  Chapter 10 - IOMUX Controller (IOMUXC), and  Chapter 11 - General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO).

Specific questions:

Q1: IOMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_* register fields PUE, PKE and PUS. How do these bits correlate? Is the following interpretation correct?

PKE=0  PUE=*  PUS=*   - output is plain, no keeper, no pullup/pulldown

PKE=1  PUE=0  PUS=*  - keeper is active, no pullup/pulldown

PKE=1  PUE=1  PUS=*  - no keeper, pullup/pulldown active according to PUS

Q2: OMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_* register fields SPEED and SRE. How do these settings correlate? According to Figure 11-3 both settings configure the output driver. The reference manual does not have more details. The data sheet refers to slew rate settings only.

Thanks.

Udo

0 Kudos
3 Replies

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Q1: IOMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_* register fields PUE, PKE and PUS. How do these bits correlate? Is the following interpretation correct?

PKE=0  PUE=*  PUS=*   - output is plain, no keeper, no pullup/pulldown

PKE=1  PUE=0  PUS=*  - keeper is active, no pullup/pulldown

PKE=1  PUE=1  PUS=*  - no keeper, pullup/pulldown active according to PUS

#:Theoretically, one can select as it.

Q2: OMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_* register fields SPEED and SRE. How do these settings correlate? According to Figure 11-3 both settings configure the output driver. The reference manual does not have more details.

#: One can set it as the below:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_6.png  

Hope it help you.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

udoeb
Contributor II

Hi,

Your comment on Q1 is not clear to me. For each of the 3 cases, what I want to know is:

Does the given bit configuration lead to the pin configuration I specified?

PKE=0  PUE=*  PUS=*   - output is plain, no keeper, no pullup/pulldown   correct? YES/NO?

PKE=1  PUE=0  PUS=*  - keeper is active, no pullup/pulldown     correct? YES/ NO?

PKE=1  PUE=1  PUS=*  - no keeper, pullup/pulldown active according to PUS     correct? YES/NO?

Thanks

Udo

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

PKE=0  PUE=*  PUS=*   - output is plain, no keeper, no pullup/pulldown   correct? YES/NO?

#: Correct, output is Open Drain.

PKE=1  PUE=0  PUS=*  - keeper is active, no pullup/pulldown     correct? YES/ NO?

#: Correct.

PKE=1  PUE=1  PUS=*  - no keeper, pullup/pulldown active according to PUS     correct? YES/NO?

#:Correct

0 Kudos