P89C51RD2HBA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P89C51RD2HBA

francesco_fonta
Contributor II

I developed a simple 8051 based development board and I want to present it in a local electronics fair in Italy. I called it "Arduone UNO" with the idea to overcome the ubiquitous Arduino.  I used a P89C51RD2HBA as microcontroller but it works only with Philips marked devices, whenever I use an NXP device I have always the same problem, it cannot comunicate with the PC using flash magic and isp connection. Now, since the fair is very close (30 31 of this month) and I wanted to sell the NXP devices as well, do you have any suggestion on how to make the NXP marked devices work? There is no way to read the signature and no way to reload the booloader. Is it due to a seller that has only defective NXP devices or is there any way to overcome the problem? I read in some cases a parallel programmer should be used to unlock this device. Please let me know. I would apreciate an help. Thank you.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please be aware that the P89C51RD2HBA is no longer manufacturer 

P89C51RD2HBA Product Information|NXP 

If you need a recommendation please let me know 

francesco_fonta
Contributor II

Yes please, I need a similar PLCC44 microcontroller for the next versions of my development board. PLCC package is needed because the board is for hobbysts. Thank you

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This device is still available 

P87C51MC2BA Product Information|NXP 

but I am not sure if this can work for your application

0 Kudos

francesco_fonta
Contributor II

If it is One Time Programmable of course not. I believe NXP shouldn't underestimate the marketing potential of hobbyists, still producing some PDIP or PLCC micocontroller for them. Atmel is doing fine with a relaively poor microcontroller with Arduino. If you get to know a good alternative please let me know, I will design a new board around it. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos

francesco_fonta
Contributor II

Yes please, could you suggest me anothe PLCC44 device to replace that one?

I am still purchasing that device but I am aware that some day it will be no longer

available. Thank you. Francesco

Da "vicentegomez" admin@community.nxp.com

A "Francesco Fontana" francesco.fontana@while1.eu

Cc

Data Mon, 25 Mar 2019 21:18:58 +0000 (UTC)

Oggetto Re: - Re: P89C51RD2HBA

NXP Community

Re: P89C51RD2HBA

reply from Vicente Gomez Salazar in 8-bit Microcontrollers - View the full discussion

0 Kudos