cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download firmware on SPIFI flash

giuseppe_sama
Contributor I

Good morning,

I tried to download my software on my SPIFI flash for LPC54018 microcontroller, but I received an error because MCUXpresso don't recognize the flash device (address 0x10000000).

I have previously  downloaded the firmare on the W25Q32JV SPI flash, whithout problems.

Now I need to use a bigger flash, the W25M02GV (2Gbit) but MCUXpresso is not able to recognize this flash SPI.

What am I doind wrong?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

giuseppe_sama
Contributor I

thanks

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Giuseppe Samà,

1) The default LPC SPIFI Flash Drives doesn't support  W25M02GV, you can find the supported flash devices from

MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf ->15.2.2 LPC SPIFI QSPI Flash Drivers.

"if a device is not supported by our supplied Flash Drivers, sources to generate these
drivers are supplied in the Examples/Flashdrivers subdirectory within the MCUXpresso IDE
installation directory. Users may thus add support for new SPIFI devices if needed."

2) While please pay attention that , the area allocated allows a maximum of 128 MB of SPI flash to be mapped into the CPU memory space.

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos