MMA6900KQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMA6900KQ

Contributor I

Hello,

I am looking for an accelerometer sensor for measuring the longitudinal and lateral acceleration of the vehicle. One of the key requirements is that the data measured with the accelerometer has no delay or little delay compared to the true value of the acceleration.

Which product in your catalog do you advise me ?
I was looking at MMA6900KQ, do you think it could fit ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

MMA6900KQ would be the best solution for you application, it is a 2-axis (XY) accelerometer, which would give you the capacity to measure the longitudinal and lateral acceleration of the vehicle.

Timing delay between data measured compared to the true value of the acceleration is not characterized, however, been the MMA6900KQ a Safe Assure Automotive device and because of one of its typical application is Electronic Stability Control (ESC), I personally don’t think that timing would be a problem.

Have a great day,
Jose

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Hello Jose,

Sincerely thank you for your quick reply to me.

I want to state the fact that I used the FXLS8471Q accelerometer chip before, but the sampled data always has a large delay compared with the real value, which can't meet my requirements. I have asked about the chip delay problem in the community, but it has not been resolved.
So I plan to switch to MMA6900KQ, I hope it can meet my key requirements that the data measured with the accelerometer has no delay or little delay compared to the true value of the acceleration.

Best wishes,

Impression

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I think that the MMA6900KQ would work without a problem, but other solution with a different approach could be using an analog output accelerometer for which you can use an external ADC that adjust to the required conversion speed.

My recommended analog output accelerometer would be the FXLN83xx family devices, you can find details in the following link: https://www.nxp.com/products/sensors/motion-sensors/accelerometers-for-iot/nxp-analog-accelerometers...

Have a great day,
Jose

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos