Custom USB class example/Idea for new sample for SDK ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom USB class example/Idea for new sample for SDK ?

carstengroen
Senior Contributor II

Looking at the SDK for the i.MXRT105x/6x devices, there is a large number of samples for USB (both device and host), HID, printers, CDC and what not.

This is very nice and complete.

However, I/we miss a simple sample that shows how to make a custom class that uses simple Bulk communication, something that just has 1 bulk-in and 1 bulk-out and nothing else. This would make it easy for users/customers to build on top of that. The whole "USB story" is so complicated that most people are not able to spend the time to do this in an efficient way. Personally I have had the "pleasure" of doing this way back for LPC2148, LPC1778 etc, and it is no fun at all......

I have already been wandering thru the USB API documentations, and its a overwhelming task to digest all the details, and it requires you to have a very deep knowledge of USB....

The LPC546xx with its USB code in ROM was way easier. I did this post: https://community.nxp.com/thread/447669  and it would be so nice if something similar could be found or perhaps included in the SDK in the future.

Then we could all get on with designing end-products and not spend countless hours on doing the low-level stuff :smileywink:

Crossing my fingers....

Labels (2)
1 Reply

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thanks for your sharing your information.And we will feedback it to our related team. Thanks again,

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------