cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Parallel jtag interface necessary

padmaashok765
Contributor II

Hi,

I have used jtag for programming MC56F8367 with P&E multilink universal.

My schematic is similar to that of development board, but communication did not take place.

What will be the issue ? I have tried all the possible ideas from the forum.

I have not used parallel jtag interface. Is parallel jtag interface necessary, as most of the mc56f series boards have parallel jtag interface in there schematic.

Can anyone please help me out with this asap.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

padmaashok765
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using P&E multilink universal with codewarrior 11.1(windows 7 64bit) and i have tried the same with codewarrior 10.7(windows 7 64bit).

Is USBTAP compatible for windows 7 64bit? 

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Padma,

I am sure that the USBTAP device is compatible with Win 7 64 bits OS.

This is the link of USBTAP device for DSC:

USB TAP for ONCE DSC | NXP 

If it is convenient, you can post your schematics so that we can have a review or compare your schematics with that of MC56F8367EVM yourself.

BR

XiangJun rong

0 Kudos

padmaashok765
Contributor II

Hi,

I tried the whole setup as such in the  MC56F8367EVM schematic (using nand gates).

It worked.

Thank you Xiangjun.

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Padma,

I am glad to hear that you can connect your board with Multilink Universal device, I will close the ticket.

BR

Xiangjun rong

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Padma,

This is the configuration of CW for mcu ver11 tools for debugger. I have tried to connect CW for mcu tools with my MC56F8367EVM, I can success to connect the board with Multilink Universal device based on CW for mcu ver11.

Anyway, I suspect that your board design has issue. Because the MC56F8367 is very old, did your MC56F8367 target board work fine previously?

BR

Xiangjun Rong

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Priya,

For the MC56F83xx family, if you use CodeWarrior for DSP56800E ver8.x, you can use USBTAP, Multilink Universal device and  parallel jtag interface(Wiggler).

If you use CodeWarrior for mcu ver10 or above, you can use USBTAP, Multilink Universal device..., but the Wiggler is not supported.

I suggest you use CodeWarrior for mcu ver 11 tools, if you use Codewarrior for DSP56800E ver8.x and Win10 OS together, there is issue.

You may buy the Wiggler on the market.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos

padmaashok765
Contributor II

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I tried using Code warrior 8.3, and also 11.1 but my DSC doesnot react. I am working in Windows 7 64- bit configuration, Is there any issue with 64 bit configuration and code warrior 11.1 to communicate with target?

What else configuration settings should be given during debugging?

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I suggest you use USBTAP device or Multilink Universal device, do you use Wiggler or USBTAP device? If you use Wiggler, firstly, you have to use the PC with 25 pins parallel port, and you have to use CodeWarrior for DSP56800E ver8.3 and Win7 OS.

If you have Multilink Universal device, you have to use CodeWarrior for MCU ver11 only.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos