FIT file output from Yocto vs QorIQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIT file output from Yocto vs QorIQ

dlciii
Contributor I

The FIT file in yocto Thud (and actually Morty up) is generated by inheriting the kernel-itbimage.bbclass. This FIT image only includes the kernel and device tree (from what I can see). The FIT file from qoriq_sdk_v2.0 is generated by the fsl-image-kernelitb.bb recipe, which contains a kernel, device tree and rootfs. I have tried to move the fsl-image-kernelitb.bb recipe over to yocto Thud, but this recipe had errors building an image and seemed incompatible. Given the differences, is the FIT file from yocto Thud a file that can be used to boot the ls2088ardb? If the Thud FIT file can be used, what is the best way to load a rootfs to the system (say the hard drive) and get it to boot?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dennis Collins,

I have verified kernel-fsl-ls2088a-rdb.itb generated by the Yocto SDK which I downloaded following the instructions from readme - qoriq-components/yocto-sdk - Repo manifest for QorIQ Yocto SDK, it worked normally on the LS2088ARDB, please refer to the attached Linux Kernel boot up console log.

Please refer to the following procedure

1. Create a ls2088ardb build project with the following commands.

$ source ./setup-env -m ls2088ardb

2. Modify the recipe yocto-sdk/sources/meta-qoriq-demos/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-kernelitb.bb as the following.

KERNEL_IMAGE ?= "${KERNEL_IMAGETYPE}"
ROOTFS_IMAGE ?= "fsl-image-networking"
KERNEL_ITS ?= "kernel.its"

3. Please generated kernel-fsl-ls2088a-rdb.itb with the following command, you will get the built image yocto-sdk/build_ls2088ardb/tmp/deploy/images/ls2088ardb/kernel-fsl-ls2088a-rdb.itb.

$ bitbake fsl-image-kernelitb

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos