Bit-rate calculate method for LPI2C module of i.MX8Q

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bit-rate calculate method for LPI2C module of i.MX8Q

tao_li
Contributor I

Could you please provide the method for calculating the CLKLO and CLKHI if I want to set the LPI2C module of i.MX8 processor working on a specific bit-rate. The reference manual is not very clear, and it is not a directly method.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

tao_li
Contributor I

Hi  support team,

I am sorry I did not find the timing configurations information in the table 12-11, Are they Tables from 12-15 to 12-18? I have got some configuration information from these tables, however i still do not know how to get the configuration value for each register directly, so I need an algorithm which can get the configurations for MCFGR2, MCCR0 and MCCR1 directly and quickly.

For example:

If the frequency of the functional clock is 24MHz, we need the bit-rate is 400kHz,  we can calculate the prescale value as 24MHz divide by 400KHz and so on.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

you are right, there is no direct method, as it depends on many factors,

one can also check sect.11.3.2.2.4 Timing Parameters and description of

MCCR0,1 registers.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

tao_li
Contributor I

Hi,

I find that we used different document, I still can not find the sect.11.3.2.2.4. could you please send me your document?

Best Regards

Tao Li(Wood) | WIND RIVER

Office: +86.28.6531.8018 Cell: +86.180.8090.9620

14F, Building 7, Zone D, Tianfu Software Park, High-Tech Zone, Chengdu, P.R.China

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

please apply to nxp local marketing office, this part is preproduction

part and its documentation is not available for customers.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tao

one can refer to Table 12-11. LPI2C Example Timing Configurations

i.MX 8QuadMax Applications Processor Reference Manual, Rev. E.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos