cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55s6x Internal Temperature Sensor conversion formula

cliff_baron
Contributor I

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a sample project available for the LPC55s6x for reading the internal temperature sensor?

I have modified the lpadc_polling example based on the notes in the Users Guide section 40.7.6 and I am getting raw values back from the FIFO.   The problem is the conversion formula supplied is missing pertantant information needed to implement the conversion.  See below.   No values are given for A, B or alpha.

Thanks,

Cliff

To convert the two temperature sensor conversion results to the on-chip temperature
value:
1. Read the two temperature sensor conversion results from the FIFO designated by
TCTRLT[FIFO_SEL_A].
2. The first result written by the temperature sensor command will be called delVds. The
second result is called Vds
3. An equation can be used to convert from these results into the final temperature
sensor reading: A*(alpha * delVds / (Vds + alpha * delVds)) + B

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Clifford Baron 

I just checked, you are right the temperature sensor parameters are incomplete.

I just contact LPC application team for this issue.

I will keep you informed.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

cliff_baron
Contributor I

Hi Jun Zhang

Have you received any updates from the LPC applications team concerning the temperature calculation formula?

Thanks,

Cliff

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Clifford Baron

Those data are still under characterization, not available for public. Roughly, we should have it in 1 month.

If you are urgent, Could you please let us know  the target application so that our PL can prioritize the work?

If you don't want to talk your project in public, you can create a private case and assign it to Jennie Zhang. I will check it.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

r_strassburg
Contributor I

Are the constants for this formula available yet?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I checked with design, but no reply yet. I will let you know if i get any.

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No yet. I will expedite it.

0 Kudos