cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK packages do not include hostlib project examples

ioannis_kapnisa
Contributor I

Hi all,

My issue is that I can not importing hostlib examples - Unable to perform A71CH API HOST and Configuration examples application examples. 

I am working on a prototype project where I use the following HW:

NXP FRDM-K64F Kinetic board

OM3710/A71CHARD NXP Arduino Development Kit with a A71CHARD.

I am following the quick start guide https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12135.pdf    

During the SW set up I faced an issue while trying to import the A71CH  project examples from the installed SDK.

My board frdmK64f is detected (photo1) but then in the obtained list with the examples on SDK I do not have the se-hostlib examples (photo 2,  I can not obtain the files in the red rectangular).

I followed again the process of downloading and installing SDK package for A71CH but the issue of not reaching the  se-hostlib projects was remaining.

Then I decided to import also the A71CH  project examples from the local drive without any issue in this case.

In this case only the project examples:

......._freertos_....._demo

shown in photo 3 were imported at MCUxpresso IDE

Unfortunately, when I proceed in the execution of A71CH API host example or Configuration tool example, the needed projects of ''frdmk64f_se_hostlib_examples_mainA71CH'' or ''xxx_se_hostlib_examples_vcomA71CH'' can not be found from the project explorer in the left side. and the error of ''Program File does not exist'' is displayed. Please see photo 4.

It seems that the SDK package that I download and install from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/dashboard?uvid=160041 

(photo 5) does not include the needed project examples

Could you please provide me with some guidelines or suggestions for the reason that create this issue??

Is there an alternative in order to proceed in the examples of API Host and Configuration tool examples?

I thank you in advance for your time

Ioannis

0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

When creating the SDK in MCUXpresso, could you please try selecting all components when building the SDK and verify if the examples are available when doing so ? 

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

ioannis_kapnisa
Contributor I

Hello Estephania,

Thank you for your mail. Yes that is correct. When I select all the middlewares the the produced SDK can load me all the examples.

Apparently I have another issue now. When I choose and debug the example xxx_hostlib_main_A71CH.. for the host API project, I can not see the J-Link OpenSDA in the Probes discovered window. Thus after the execution of the program, the connection is failed. I tend to believe that I have to update my board with the OpenSDA application as it is explained here : https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/kinetis-developer-resources/ides-f... but I have not tried yet.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

Ioannis

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

If you try some of the driver examples is it possible for you to debug? Is the issue isolated to the example of the A71CH ? 

Regards, 
Estephania 

0 Kudos