SDK 2.5.0:USB0 host ctrl:ISO IN cbf invoked with "transfer->transferSofar" always 0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK 2.5.0:USB0 host ctrl:ISO IN cbf invoked with "transfer->transferSofar" always 0

belmontbob59
Contributor IV

There is a bug for the SDK for host controller ISO IN transfer. The USB stack invokes the transfer callback with parameter “transferSofar” equals to 0 for  payload  length > 0 at transport. So there is no way from the cbf's perspective to determine how many bytes the device actually sent.

Please see attached device enumeration. I hooked up KEIL debugger to inspect the transfer parameter upon call back. I armed an ISO in transfer for 96 bytes. Upon call back, the buffer the transfer points to (transfer->transferBuffer = 0x2000321B) actually contains the data the device sent (please compare to USB analyzer actual data) but transfer->transferSoFar is 0. It should be 88 instead. 

Please note that this issue does not occur with Interrupt-IN transfer.

attached USB trace  : AcquisitionFile0000.ufo. (please use Ellysis free viewer to inspect the trace)

1)ISO in at transport (snapshot from USB trace)

pastedImage_3.png

2)transfer cbf inspection 

2.a) transfer structure

pastedImage_4.png

2.b) transfer buffer

pastedImage_5.png

-> The USB stack actually received the data from the device but "TransferSoFar" is 0 instead of 88 so the cbf can not determine how many bytes were actually received.

Please advise.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bob,

First of all let me apologize for the late reply.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Could you please let me know the specific SDK project you are working on so I can report this issues?

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

belmontbob59
Contributor IV

Any update on this matter?

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bob,

I have sent your comments to the USB team. Thanks again for reporting this issues.

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

belmontbob59
Contributor IV

SDK 2.5.0. I can not give you any specific project because there is no ISO-IN example available in the SDK as far as I know.

0 Kudos