56800E flash programmer shows no connection error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

56800E flash programmer shows no connection error

gaya3citizen
Contributor II

I used to program my MC56F8367 using PE multilink universal programmer through flash programmer tool. I loaded *.elf file from codewarrior 11.1. Then i choose MC56F827xx.cfg from device configuration file in settings option in 56800E flash programmer, since MC56F8367.cfg is not found. Then i choose 200KHz as JTAG clock speed, and choose gdi option and select dsc_pne_gdi.dll. After setting all these i tried to program my device but it shows the following error.

flash.PNG

0 Kudos
7 Replies

gaya3citizen
Contributor II

Thanks again for your reply Mr.Xiangjun, so from your reply can i assume that GDI protocol fatal error arises due to hardware connection issues?

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Gayathri,

Yes, I suppose that the hardware design board has issue. Anyway, I suggest you use CW for mcu ver11 as platform to download code and have a debugger.

BR

0 Kudos

gaya3citizen
Contributor II

Hi, I tried with codewarrior 11.1 for debugging my device but no luck. I'm getting the error as "GDI Procotol fatal error: : Unknown Fault. The Debugger can not connect to the P&E device". But the driver for P&E is installed correctly, in device manager i found the jungo usb multilink driver.

Whether it point out the problem with hardware or software? What will cause these issues? Kindly help me to sort out this issue, this is my first DSC project and i planned to use this DSC for my upcoming project also.

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Gayathri,

I suppose that the hardware board design of MC56F8367 has issue. I attach the the schematics of MC56F8367, pls check the power supply pins, GND pins, crystal pin signal, JTAG signal , Reset pin and the other power related pins, capacitors...

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos

gaya3citizen
Contributor II

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I tried this configuration file still i have the same error. What is the exact *.dll file to be given in this settings window? 

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Gayathri,

I suppose that the "56800E Flash Programmer" tools only supports USBTAP device, it does not support Multilink Universal device.

Pls use CodeWarrior for mcu ver11.x to download/debug with both USBTAP and Multilink Universal device.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Gayathri,

I attach the MC56F8367.cfg, pls have a try.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos