cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX-31 Camera interface

kpremendra
Contributor I
Hi,

We have connected the camera which came along with the board to both J10 and J13 for testing purpose.
We followed the document IPU.htm provided in help/software/device_drivers/ipu directory in the imx31_ads_20080722-rel6-ltib.iso image.
We configured the kernel accordingly and tried to execute some test applications from root file system.
It happened to see that there is rotating device present on the daughter board MC13783 (ATLAS BOARD).
It starts rotating when the test application is executed, which makes the entire board vibrate. Will this create any damage to the board ?
The test application is crashing after list of errors which we have logged to the file Error.log and attached to this mail.
FYI, All the test application related to camera produces the same output.

Regards,
Prem
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Ananth
Contributor III

Hi prem,

1.        To stop the vibrator remove the jumper 2 (JMP2) in ASSY 700-20540 board

2.        To test the camera ov2640 in imx31 ads board, make sure that the configuration of gpio levels (reset and power down are done properly).

(MX31_PIN_GPIO3_1 -LOW, MX31_PIN_GPIO3_0 -LOW).

Thanks and regards

Ananthapadmanaban

0 Kudos

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Camera should be connected to J10 only, not J13.

I never saw the rotating issue to happen on the MX31ADS.

In your log message that are several I2C transfer error. Maybe it is because your kernel is configured for a certain camera module and you are using other.

By default, rel6 selects OV2640 driver. Please make sure you are using this model or change it in the kernel config.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam
0 Kudos

JorgeRivera
Contributor I
The vibrator included in the Atlas board in ADS can be activated by using SPI. This seems a little bit odd to me since IPU and SPI are not related at all.

Having the vibrator active while running an application will cause no harm, however; this should not be happening. I would recommend to recheck the configuration you are using in your OS to ensure you are only configuring the required information for the camera.

I wish I could provide more insight on the Linux side, however; I am just HW :smileytongue:
0 Kudos