Speed of Flash Interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed of Flash Interface

vinoth_ta
Contributor I

Hello, I have a been looking a solution to provide highest possible NAND Flash interface. imax8m itself having limitation to support TLC etc. 

From the application processors manual,

eMMC  => DDR mode can support up to 400 Mbytes/sec whereas raw NAND can support up to 200 Mbytes/sec. 

Looks like eMMC is faster than raw NAND. 

I am not clear on the ECC etc. Which interface(eMMC or raw NAND) will be having better throughput?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, you are right, the SD/eMMC interface of the i.MX8M processor is faster than the Raw NAND interface.

For SD/eMMC devices, all ECC and other required processing is perfomed within the device, so, there are no special features required from the processor.

Have a great day,
Artur

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vinoth_ta
Contributor I

Hi Artur,

Thanks for your information.

Is there any application note explain about these information.

I am interested to know the throughput of raw NAND or eMMC. I would need

to select the device which is having better throughput.

Regards,

Vinoth TA

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no separate Application Note document for that. Please refer to the numbers, given in the Data Sheet document.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos