mpx5700ap

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mpx5700ap

marcos_chagas20
Contributor II
Dear,Can I use the MPX5700AP to measure the pressure of liquefied petroleum gas (cooking gas) by applying gas directly to the sensor?Are there any risks of explosion ??Can I use this pressure measurement using this sensor every day ??Already been using to this end ???
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marcos,

Unfortunately we cannot recommend using the MPX5700AP for such an application as direct contact with corrosive gases or liquid substances might affect the sensor’s performance. We can guarantee direct contact with clean dry air only.

Best regards,

Tomas

marcos_chagas20
Contributor II
Can I use the mpx5700ap provisionally to measure the pressure of liquefied petroleum gas (cooking gas) without risk of blowing ?? Just measure for test ?? Or is the risk of measuring and blasting occurring self? Thank you
0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marcos,

You need to make sure the sensor operates within the specified limits:

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

marcos_chagas20
Contributor II
Tomas, which sensor would indicate to work in the pressure range from 300 kpa to 700 kpa to measure liquefied petroleum gas (cooking gas). Can you indicate which manufacturer has a low cost sensor that can work at this pressure and liquefied petroleum gas GLP ??? Thank you.
0 Kudos

marcos_chagas20
Contributor II
Dear, Many thanks for the reply, What would the sensor indicate to measure the liquefied petroleum gas (cooking gas) since the pressure of the cylinder varies from 300kPa to 700kPa ?? It would be used in Brazil.
0 Kudos