What's the GPIO Drive Strength on the MKV31F parts?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the GPIO Drive Strength on the MKV31F parts?

curtis_hendrix
Contributor I

I took a deep look through the datasheet for the MKV31 (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/KV31P100M100SF9.pdf ) and couldn't find any information about how much current a GPIO can source / sink. 

What's the individual GPIO pin drive strength on the MKV31F?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The max source or sink current for any digital I/O pin is 25mA. The relevant spec is ID in Table 1.4. This is the maximum that the user should limit their loading to.

ID.png
However, the output high or low voltage level at this load is not specified – we only specify worst case VOL & VOH loads in Table 3. This includes the total for all ports (IOLT and IOHT).

It will be difficult to get 25mA out of the normal drive pins since the VOH/VOL level will be degraded. The high drive pins  are meant to be used for driving (sourcing and sinking) higher loads.

Voltage and current operating behaviors.png

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos