CodeWarrior 5.9 debugging: view registers values are not updated after assignment op.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior 5.9 debugging: view registers values are not updated after assignment op.

eugenia_suarez
Contributor II

Hi, 

I have inherited a project based on a Coldfire V2 uC. We are using MFC52258 uC. It was compiled with Codewarrior 5.9 on W7 OS. After updating multilink drivers for W7 we could finally enter into debug mode. It seems that it is able to follow correctly the application thread. But I have noticed that if I watch the registers values, they doesn't update the values, specially at port configuration. 

At following pictures a thread blue narrow can be seen during debug execution. First picture shows PTH port register value before executing an OR operation instruction. The second one shows the value before after executing the OR operation (register keeps the value). 

Third picture shows how the registers are mapped and some operand values defined in order to put 1 or 0 to the n bit of a 8bit register. 

Have I missed something? Is it normal to see no update in this view tool "register"? The register value is always the same even when restarting my debug session. 

1:

pre.jpg

2:post.jpgPort register mapping:

MapReg.jpg

I have created a global var to keep the register bit value. Strangest thing is that global var shows a coherent value with mentioned before operation (OR) but register views stills keeping the starting value. 

view reg.jpg

I think view registers doesn' t work too much fine. I know this is a legacy IDE, but I need it in order to debug some of manufactured boards. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

sandip1
Contributor I

Hi Eugenia_suarez,

Which debugger are you using?

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Sorry for the later reply.

For the CodeWarrior V5.9 was quite old IDE version, there with very few support resource for this version IDE.

We recommend customer to update CodeWarrior software to CodeWarrior for MCUs (Eclipse IDE).

Thank you for the attention.

best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos