Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCP5777C-416DS power supply

Jump to solution
piotr_smagowski
Contributor II

Hello,
I am trying to get along with the MPC5777C family device. I have the daughter board as stated in the topic (intending to use it as a standalone solution). I have put the controller into the socket, matching the 1st pin (ball on the package) with the small triangle on the socket. I would be grateful, if you could give me answer to the following problems:
1. Using 12V 500mA transformer-based power supply, I am having the following results on the board: the D5, D6, D7 (5VSR, 3.3V, 1.25V) LEDs light, the D512 LED lights, and the D8 diode blinks rapidly couple of times, then all diodes go out. I have not found any particular information on the diodes behavior, but I am almost sure, that the board is not powered properly.

2. What kind of high density connectors should I use in order to get to the chosen pins of the controller in standalone mode?
I can give more information on jumpers setting, if required.

Best regards,

Piotr.

Tags (2)
1 Solution
5 Replies
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, could you tell me board revision number (rear side of the board, number SCH-...)? Thanks

0 Kudos
piotr_smagowski
Contributor II

SCH-28087 REV D

0 Kudos
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1)

Change following jumpers:

J2 to 1-2 to connect Onboard Power System Basis Chip

J1 to 1-2 to connect Onboard Power System Basis Chip

J21 to 3-4 to connect Onboard 1.25V Linear Regulator

J19 keep default (2-3) to connect REGCTL to the base of bypass transistor of 1.25V Linear Regulator

Now this daughter card should work standalone without motherboard, expected power supply is 12V over Barrel Connector J11.

2)

Could you clarity this question?

piotr_smagowski
Contributor II

Thank you for your help!

1) The problem was with the J512, which according to the User Guide, should be open for the SBC to run normally. I had to put the jumper on for the board to stay with the LEDs (D5, D6, D7) on.

2) I thought about using the daughter card standalone, connecting to chosen ports od the controller via the "high density expansion connector" (J501, J502), but without using the motherboard. So, I would like to know what kind of connectors are used on the board.

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport