cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K82 : power consumption of LPO clock

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hello !

I can use LLS3 low power mode with LPO clock enabled.

It seems to me it bring extra consumption on top of LLS3 without LPO.

But I haven't found any digits in RM and DS about LPO consumption itself.

Do you have any digits about it ?

Regards,

Eugene

0 Kudos
3 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eugene,

Unfortunately, we do not have information regarding the specific current consumption of LPO.

LPO is a 1 KHz Low Power Oscillator used for low power modes. That is why you are measuring an extra consumption when not using it.

All the measurements shown in Table 7 of the Data Sheet are using LPO clock except VLLS0.

Have a great day,
Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hi Felipe !

I try to reduce overall consumption in LLS3 mode.

For some peripherals ( Like LPTIMER 0/1) I can use 32kHz clock from low frequency crystal oscillator ( ERCLK32K from RTC32Khz ).

But I'm not sure if this better than LPO ( in LLS3) and can I completely remove usage of LPO in LLS3 mode.

May be if LPO is not used for any peripheral, it switched off automatically.

Does it possible do not use LPO in LLS3 mode ? If it not used, consumption might be less.

For LLWU , LPO need if digital filter enabled. LPTIMERs can be clocked from ERCLK32K.

RTC used RTC32kHz oscillator. WDOG is not active in LLS3.

Regards,

Eugene

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eugene,

You can control whether the 1 kHz LPO clock is enabled in LLS/VLLSx modes. Please use the LPOPO bit in SMC_STOPCTRL register.

Best regards,

Felipe

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos