cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso Pre-build steps permission denied

gtb
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm use the Pre-build steps to execute a bash script. It always worked in MCUXpresso versions < 10.3.0_2200. But since than I get a permission denied when the build process tries to execute the pre-build steps script:

then ../prebuild.sh debug ; fi
c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_10.3.1_2233/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_10.3.0.201811011841/buildtools/bin/sh: ../prebuild.sh: Permission denied
make[1]: [makefile:66: pre-build] Error 126 (ignored)

I use MCUXpresso on Windows 10. Hope someone knows how to fix this?

5 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

So the underlying "command line" used for building on Windows changed in MCUXpresso IDE v10.3 from "msys" to a setup based on "busybox". One possibility is that the busybox setup we have isn't directly providing one of the commands that you are trying to use (whereas the previous msys setup did).

But that aside, I can't replicate your problem using a simple example...

So what I did what create a simple "prebuild.sh" file in the root directory of my project, containing a file called prebuild.sh. This simple contains :

#!/bin/sh
ls

I then modify the prebuild step of the project to contain the command:

../prebuild.sh

And then when I build my project, I see the directory listing as expected.

Please can you see if this works for you, and also confirm how it differs from what you are doing.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

gtb
Contributor II

I have found issue, I had not included the '#!/bin/sh' statement in my script. It seems that msys accepted that and busybox obviously not.

Thanks both for helping out, problem solved. :smileyhappy:

Regards,

Guy

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Guy,

I myself never had this problem. But one of my customer met the similar problem as yours and he solved the problem by disable antivirus. I suggest you try the same.

Besides, in case the problem is on the mal-workspace-setting, I would suggest you test your problem with creating a NEW workspace, see if this can fix your problem.

If still can't solve your issue, check if this is a common problem for all your project by creating a new project in a new workspace. if this is a common issue, try uninstall IDE and reinstall.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gtb
Contributor II

Hi Jun,

Thank you for your suggestions. I have created a new workspace and project with the same results. I have uninstalled all the MCUXpresso versions that I had installed on my machine (rebooted) and reinstalled the latest version, also disabled my anti-virus software. But the permission denied error is still there.

What else can  I try?

Regards,

Guy

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you have admin right of windows?

Did your test your project on another computer?

How can I reproduce your issue?

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos